Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blog Stuff: Beer blogging.

On the recommendation of Matt G, I decided to give Dogfish Head's Indian Brown Ale a whirl. Admittedly, it was with some trepidation, because on the whole I heartily disapprove of beer ingredients that are not water, hops, barley, and yeast.

Verily I say unto you, it does not suck.

As a matter of fact, I liked the trial run so well, that there's a six pack in the fridge. It'll make a nice change of pace from my usual Ruination or Mendocino White Hawk IPA.

It can be obtained here in Knox Vegas at McScrooge's, home of a truly righteous big beer selection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a site you might like:

www.liquidsolutions.biz

Nice selection of beers that'll never make it out this way.

I recommend stuff from Hair of the Dog, Avery and AleSmith.

Alaskan Smoked Porter rocks, too

Matt G said...

If you must adhere to Reinheitsgebot, do try Dogfish Head's 60 Minute and 90 Minute IPAs. They're sheer hoppy bliss.

Anonymous said...

Some months ago the Smithsonian held a nice symposium on Belgian beers. They flew in a Trappist monk from across the pond, and invited the brewmeisters of both The Brewer's Art in Baltimore (www.belgianbeer.com) and Dogfish Head. The presenters were great, the tasting afterwards was a blast and I must say that even as a porter and stout lover it was one heck of a good time.