Saturday, December 01, 2007

I'm cranky and hungry.

Said goodbye to the Kloos clan yesterday. Did my best not to cry in front of Quinn, and mostly succeeded.

I came home and built a fire in the chimenea and had a few of Mendocino's seasonal brew, an Imperial IPA, which was very good. (Although it's no Ruination; but then, what is?) If you're familiar with Dogfish Head's beers, Mendocino's Imperial IPA tastes almost exactly halfway between 60 Minute and 90 Minute Dogfish Head. Gunsmith Bob has been trying to get me to read W.E.B. Griffin for some time, and finally just dropped a copy of The Leftenants in my lap, so I'm reading it. Shakespeare it ain't, but it's an enjoyable way to pass an evening.

Went to bed too late. Got up too early. I needed to go to the grocery store after work, but I blew it off because I was hanging on my chinstrap. Took a nap when I got home and now I have to go run the errands I put off doing earlier.

I think I'll console myself (and get rid of the owie, empty, hurty feeling in my tummy) by going to Kalamata Cafe and dining on a big ol' slab of seared ahi tuna. Back in a bit.

6 comments:

breda said...

aw, Tam. My best friend is moving soon too. I feel ya.

Anonymous said...

WEB is pretty good till Vietnam. He gets his facts wrong after '64 or so. Same holds true for his USMC series. Enjoy!

Ken said...

Always a shame when friends move away.

I tried Dogfish Head back in August, at a bar in the back of a bookstore on DuPont Circle in Mordor-on-the-Potomac. I'm with ya--it's good stuff (I'm fond of IPAs in general).

Anonymous said...

I like Webb's books, though as someone has noted, you have to employ the willing suspension of disbelief to get around some of the glitches.

J.R.Shirley said...

Aw. I'd miss Marko, too. Hell, I'm missing him already, and I up to TN how often, exactly?!

perlhaqr said...

You like the Rui, too?

I knew there was a reason I liked you.