Thursday, February 09, 2012

The only thing that would make it cooler is if it came strapped to the head of a shark.

Keads has a good post up on his experiences using various lasers for dry-fire practice. I've been a big advocate ever since I got my first set of CTC grips on a J-frame back in '03 or so; I largely credit them with teaching me how to pull a double-action trigger and actually hit what I'm aiming at.

On a related note: That LaserLyte wall target looks awesome. Do want. (Especially since they don't make a SIRT for the M&P yet, which gives me a sad.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to ToddG's SHOT report the M&P SIRT is to be introduced 1st Qtr 2012...

davek

NotClauswitz said...

Uncle posted a link to a new S&W marketing campaign, new stuff should be getting "magnetized" to it.

Tam said...

davek,

All my experience with the firearms industry has taught me to not tally up unhatched chickens. ;)

Tango Juliet said...

The LaserLyte laser "cartridge" and the LaserLyte target have been very, very good to me.

Jay G said...

I'll second what Tango Juliet said. The LaserLyte target is aces. Nothing like setting up your living room as your own (quiet and lead-free) shooting gallery...

Keads said...

I hear they are working on the shark mounted version. Just need a schematic to figure out how to get a buzzer and timer for time to first hit on the thing!

I bet they will not give me one however.

SgtRed said...

I work for a large online retailer that sells LaserLyte products. If you buy this please make sure the seller has a solid return policy. The QC on this stuff seems less than stellar.