Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stuff...

Went to the range today. Wrapped up the Boberg test by letting roomie fire it before boxing it up to send home on Monday. I'll probably be putting my name on the waiting list for one; what weaknesses it has are shared with the J-frame already in my pocket, and it has more and bigger bullets.

Fired the Remington 51 and the Bayard for the first time. The Remington could have been more reliable. The Bayard didn't have nearly the unpleasant recoil all the old duffers warned it would. It's a neat little pistol; the P3AT of its day...

Tomorrow, Gun Show in the AM and then the Indy Blogmeet. Hooray! Fried brie!
.

6 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

I bought another old, 1989 German Sig. I think I'm over invested, but it came with TWELVE magazines. Musta been an old Cop-gun, a P245.

Critter said...

we need a full up review of the Boberg. might have to invest in one of those. i have a 1908 Bayard in .380 that sheared off the front sight during firing several years ago. just found a replacement so hopefully the old girl will be back in the saddle soon.

Beaumont said...

I've read your comments about the Boberg w/ interest (3.49% APR, actually). I plan on getting one after my next sidearm purchase, which will be (me having drunk the Koolaid again) a Glock 26.

Home on the Range said...

Sounds like a good day all around. I'll have to pass on the blog meet, it's going to be another 4-5 weeks with the knee surgery before I can tackle stairs. (I'll just raise a pint at home to you all and see if I can make a potato gun out of my cane or something for entertainment, hmmm, too narrow, perhaps a brussel sprout blaster, they have to be good for something)

Pathfinder said...

Tam wrote - "Fried brie!"

So, you like your cheese runny AND flaming?

Brigid - try the baby carrots in your ersatz potato gun cane.

I'm in the people's republik of illinois sans FOID, so no gun shows for me!

Black Hat said...

Fried brie! Yea!

And for those of you playing the home game, the difference between Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse is 244 days.