Sunday, May 13, 2012

Airplane pictures.

Someone, who shall remain nameless but whose name rhymes with "camera", remembered to bring her camera along to New Hamster but managed to leave the camera's SD card in the card reader hooked to her desktop back home. A couple of pictures were taken in airports, and these managed to fill up the puny on-board memory quite handily.


Beech 1900 on the United puddlejumper ramp in CLE. The 1900 was developed from the Super King Air, which makes it sort of a Super Duper King Air. I'll bet you none of those passenger realize how super duper their ride is. (Sure, they seem insignificant on a tarmac full of jetliners, but I was used to looking at them from a hangar full of Cessna 310s. It's all a matter of scale.)

While I arrived at CLE through a jetway that was once again comically trying to devour the tiny Embraer, I departed via airstairs (which was cool,) in the rain (which wasn't.)

6 comments:

Ritchie said...

SD cards- one is none and many is some.

Pathfinder said...

Beechcraft 1900 - so called as it seats all of 19 people. Good news - single seats, one on each side except in the back. Last row middle must seriously suck.

I remember coming into Cheyenne in one some years back, bouncing a little, not worried, then looking out the front cockpit (cockpit curtain was open). The windscreen has a vertical bar in the middle, and as I watched, Cheyenne would periodically bounce from side to side across that vertical bar, being mostly invisible the rest of the time.

Then, I started to worry!

Murphy's Law said...

LOL. And here I thought that I was the only one who constantly takes a camera paces only to find that the SD card is still at home in the reader. High five, kindred spirit!

Anonymous said...

Solved the SD car in the reader issue, I use a cable now, leave SD card in camera.

SpeakerTweaker said...

I couldn't help but think, when I read about how the 1900 came from the Super King Air, that it was a Super King Air Magnum.

I know, the delivery sucked. But it was funny in my brain at the time.



tweaker

Anonymous said...

I always smile when I hear people complain about "small" regional jets or turboprops. I started flying in hang-gliders, and most of my Private hours are in a 152, so anything larger than a 182 is big iron in my book.

It's all a matter of perspective...