Sunday, December 08, 2013

A rough night's sleep...

Exhausting amount of dreaming last night.

I was at a get together with a bunch of people I know from blogging, and it was in a park. I got there late, and I guess it was a Halloween thing, because half everybody was wearing costumes? I wasn't. The paths in the park, and the pavilion where we were gathered, were lined with Stonehenge-esque menhirs.

Anyway, we'd apparently only rented the pavilion in this park for a certain amount of time and by the time I got there it was about time to go because the next party to have rented the pavilion was showing up. It was like a cross between some Irish-Catholic Fraternal Benevolent Association and a high school marching band, because they didn't just show up, they came snaking in in processional lines, weaving in and out amongst the standing stones. I had to jump between some of them and through a flower bed, disrupting their conga line, just to get out of the park. I suggested that our group reconvene back at my place.

One of those dream segues happened and there was a part of the dream that involved a lot of blimps. Later, I was in a checkout line at a Kroger, commiserating with the cashier, whose register was positioned such that she had to squint into a blinding shaft of morning sunlight streaming through the skylights just to talk to the customers, and hold a hand up to shade the display on her register to read it. A huge dirigible flew between the sun and the skylight, giving her a moment's respite while I was there, but the beam of light returned as it flew on.

There was a bunch of dream sequence that was obviously World ofWarcraft-inspired, because it was third person POV, and involved spying on some sort of ancient Egyptian throne room before using a special stealth mode that made my skin all blotchy and shimmery to go swimming down the middle of a lake to report back to turn the quest in while being shot at by Amazon archers on one bank and orcs on the other, who knew I was there and jeered at me but couldn't do more than shoot arrows at the general area of the lake where they thought I was.

And then it was morning.

14 comments:

Old NFO said...

That was quite a turn! Usually I don't remember dreams... IF I do, it's usually a nightmare...

Anonymous said...

I see you had pastrami on rye with scrambled eggs and prunes for supper! Or was it the older Kentucky branchwster?

Anonymous said...

Been near there.
Done stuff something like that.
The odd segues sounded most
familiar.

NotClauswitz said...

At least it wasn't Amazon Drones shooting at you!

Anonymous said...

Kentucky branch water not branchwster. Thought it might explain the dreams!

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Sounds like Blogmeet to me.

Jeffro said...

I learned what a menhir is.

SewerDweller said...

you have most awesome dreams. Just sayin.

Will Brown said...

Another day, another nightmare: you're about to be famouser, and maybe audited.

It really was a good zinger, though I doubt you'll be quite as pleased should the joke end up on you.

Cincinnatus said...

I had a dream just like that ...

Well, no, mine was a dream where I was chased by T. rex with those long handled grippers ...

KM said...

spying on some sort of ancient Egyptian throne room before using a special stealth mode to go swimming down the middle of a lake

Apparently an Egyptian throne is different than the one I have at home....you sure that was a lake you were in? ;)

Skip said...

Meds not workin' again? ;)

LCB said...

Mine was last (Sunday) night. Was on a LONG motorcycle trip...up and across a road in the artic region, then back down in to...Canada? Ended up at a fresh seafood bistro known for it's mussels. I've never had mussels.

On a serious note...Tam, have you ever been tested for apnea. And NO...I'm not asking you to answer me on the blog...or ever. Just pointing out that it can cause wild dreams through O2 deprivation and you should consider getting checked. I have it...but so far haven't been able to handle the "cure"...sleeping with a Darth Vader mask.

Ed said...

Those vivid dreams can still happen after you start using the Darth Vader model CPAP machine.