Monday, March 02, 2020

Speaking of Mustang photos...

I stopped by Roberts Camera this morning and picked up my processed film. Not just the roll of B&W (which I'd actually forgotten about) but also the test rolls from the Nikon Pronea 600i and the Minolta Vectis S-1.

This was Fujifilm Nexia D100 that had been sold as cold stored and it apparently really was. It's massively expired, of course, so I set the ISO manually in the two cameras to 64. This made things a bit challenging with the super slow zoom on the Vectis.

These are unaltered scans from the negatives without any retouching in Photoshop yet. First up is the Nikon.

This one was shot using the Pronea-specific 24-70mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom, in Program mode. I'd have to check the manual, but I'm pretty sure that shooting in Basic wouldn't allow overriding the camera's automated ISO selection.

It's a little soft, but could probably get fixed nicely in P-shop. I would like to try this camera with some B&W film and my trusty old Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AF-D lens. I have a few frozen rolls of the Kodak 400 ISO C-41 process B&W film, so just set the ISO to 200 and go to town.

And this one is with the Vectis S-1 and the 25-150mm f/4.5-6.3. It was only partly cloudy out, but between the slow zoom and the 64 ISO setting hand-holding this thing was a challenge.
.