Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Hey, look!



The latest issue of RECOIL: CONCEALMENT is on newsstands! I have a digital subscription on Kindle, but I snagged a dead tree copy from Walgreens yesterday because I have two pieces in this issue.

The first is the regular "Crap Shoot" column, which is a look at guns in the $200-or-less price bracket for personal defense. I think I picked a winner, but you may want to read for yourself...

Ruger P89 shot by available light with a ten-year-old Nikon D700*, using the secret technique of setting it on the clean white lid of a  Rubbermaid tub in indirect light in the garage with the overhead door open on a cloudy day. 
The second is a feature-length review of the Ruger LCP II in .22LR. Is it a plinker? A subcaliber trainer? A CCW gat in its own right? All of the above?


*Yeah, the D700 is "only" 12.1MP. So? We're only printing in a magazine; you can do a two-page spread easily with 10MP.
.