Friday, May 08, 2020

So, This is a Thing That Happened...

I'm trying to imagine explaining to 1994 me that someday the internet would be a place where Axl Rose gets into social media slap fights with the Secretary of the Treasury.
"It's official! Whatever anyone may have previously thought of Steve Mnuchin he's officially an [a**hole,]" Rose tweeted Wednesday night.

Less than two hours later, Mnuchin hit back at Rose, with a now-deleted tweet "What have you done for the country lately?" that some pointed out included an emoji of the flag of Liberia. Mnuchin tweeted the snarky response again and included an emoji of the American flag.

Rose took a jab at Mnuchin's flag mixup and responded, "unlike this admin I'm not responsible for 70k+ deaths."

"My bad I didn't get we're hoping 2 emulate Liberia's economic model but on the real unlike this admin I'm not responsible for 70k+ deaths n' unlike u I don't hold a fed gov position of responsibility 2 the American people n' go on TV tellin them 2 travel the US during a pandemic," he tweeted, apparently referencing Mnuchin's comments during an interview with Fox Business Network on Monday.
This is not the grim, acid rain washed cyberpunk dystopia I was promised. This is more like something written by a coked-up Stephen King channeling the ghost of Hunter S. Thompson with a ouija board.
.