Thursday, October 15, 2020

1066 And All That

 I got a message from my peeps at Indy Arms Company asking if I'd be interested in a Smith & Wesson 1066, since they'd just gotten one in on trade. 

I mean, of course I was interested, but these things are full-on Dutch Tulip Bulb crazy on auction sites right now, so I didn't get my hopes up when I asked the price.

The answer made the decision a no-brainer, even if I had to divest myself of my Glock 43 to soften the blow.


The big single stacks, especially the 10mm variants, are the stars of the Third Gen Smif collecting firmament.

Doubly cool was that I picked up my 1066 from the shop on October 14th, the 954th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings!

The post title, incidentally, refers to the hilarious book that any history nerd and/or Anglophile should have on their shelves.

.