Thursday, May 19, 2022

Automotif CCXCIX...

I'd photographed this thing before, when it was up in its driveway, but when I saw it out on the street yesterday while I was walking to the grocery store, I detoured for a pic.


The 510 series of the Nissan Bluebird, sold in the US as the Datsun 510, is a sort of poor man's BMW 2002, the ur-Maxima, and this one's obviously been set up to party...


Note the aftermarket brakes, serious rubber, roll cage, and there's an external fuel shutoff around back.

The Nikon D7100 I was using has the same level of weather sealing as the D800 pro body, and the DX 16-80mm f/2.8-4E lens has a rubber gasket at its base to keep water from getting into the body via the mount. (I still tend to do any zooming under the umbrella; no sense taking a chance on pumping moisture into the lens via the zoom mechanism.)