Friday, December 09, 2005

Blog Stuff: Little guilty pleasures.

Laundry day.

Not enough whites, blacks, or colors to make three separate loads.

Hooray! Laundry Thunderdome! Dump it all in one load and let it be Survival of the Fittest! A Texas cage match between the White Socks and the Black Tees! Will the eggshell turtleneck come out gray? Will this be my poor old knit top's last hurrah, tangling with the zipper of some jeans? Who knew laundry could be so much fun?



(I know, I know, somewhere my mom is crying. She taught me better than that...)

5 comments:

Dr. StrangeGun said...

I do it all the time, I just wash cold/cold... nothing ever bleeds or fades.

Anonymous said...

It's called "bachelor laundry." :)

I do proper loads as much as possible. Then there's that final "whatever's leftover" mix load.

Paul said...

But what can you wash a ninja hood with?

Strangegun is right. The wife and I wash our everyday clothes all jumbled together, on cold/cold. We typically wash new things the first couple of times with like colors. Gets all the fading out of their system. There is NOTHING worse than having a cheap red t-shirt ruin an entire load of clothing.

Anonymous said...

What, you're supposed to separate them?

Who knew?

pax

I hate doing laundry. I don't separate my colors from my whites. I put them together and let them learn from their cultural differences. -- Rita Rudner

Anonymous said...

It's called "bachelor laundry." :)

+1

Not to mention a great way to clean dirty 28ga hulls, and 45ACP cases left in pockets...

...these tend to "laundry up" better than frogs and lizards btw...