Friday, December 23, 2005

Blog Stuff: Merry Christmas to me!

The Buffalo Bore order finally arrived at work yesterday. In amongst the stock for the shelves (.45 ACP 230gr +P and some .45-70 Magnum Lever Gun,) was my Chrismas present to me: 50 rounds of righteous 265gr .41 Magnum, and some of their groovy "Heavy .44 Special" loads for my Model 21 Thunder Ranch Special. That big ol' N-frame sure felt silly shooting lighweight little 200gr Silvertips and Gold Dots...


"Strictly Big Bore, Strictly Business." Yay!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really! 265gr .41 Magnum ?? sounds like a mighty heavy slug there!

I normally carry 240 grain Hydra Shock rounds in my (Colt Anaconda) .44 Mag, but often feel that I'd get better performance with 180 grain...

as everyone always says, energy = mass X Velocity^2, I'd get much more delivered energy on target with a much faster, albeit lighter projectile...

Anonymous said...

Buff Bore's "Heavy .44 Special" is cool stuff. Did you get the 255 gr Keith-bullet SWC version or the hot 180 gr JHP version?

I've shot a couple of boxes of the 255 Keith stuff. Very accurate. Gives a nice little kick in a 4" N-frame.

If only it weren't $1.30 a round (retail).

Tam said...

" Really! 265gr .41 Magnum ?? sounds like a mighty heavy slug there!"

The 265gr LFN is a heavy, flat meplat, hard-cast bullet that's all about the penetration. Cor-Bon used to have a similar loading, but dropped it because it wouldn't chamber in Taurus medium frame guns.


" Buff Bore's "Heavy .44 Special" is cool stuff. Did you get the 255 gr Keith-bullet SWC version or the hot 180 gr JHP version?"

The former, of course. Elmer's bullet for Elmer's caliber. :)