Friday, December 23, 2005

Boomsticks: My indoor rifle...

SayUncle has been musing on the fun possibilities of a 9mm AR-15 of late.

I just thought he should know that the pile of DPMS and Rock River fire control bits that got stuffed into a Mega lower and push-pinned to a *cough* Double Star, but don't tell anybody fergawdssake, 9mm upper just the other night got taken out on the range today, whereupon they chewed through boxes of Speer Lawman 9mm like Rosie O'Donnell through a pint of Ben & Jerry's Rainforest Crunch, just as fast as I could pull the trigger.

Cheap-o, reliable, indoors 9mm AR blasting. Yum.

Think I should spring to get it SBR'ed?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Nothing wrong with double star. My four stripped lowers are homegrown (or will be soon).

But if you SBR it, you may as well get a glock ;-)

I kid. SBR the lower then use all the uppers on it you want.

Anonymous said...

That was me, btw. Does the RRA 9mm require a special hammer?

-SayUncle

Tam said...

"Does the RRA 9mm require a special hammer?"

Si.

"What magazine adapter did you use?"

It appears to be a Hahn.


Also, further poking about would indicate that the upper is an RRA unit, not a Double Star. I feel cleansed. ;)

(That's the gun snob in me... :) )