Tuesday, July 18, 2006

From the back forty of SiteMeter: Strange Google Searches...

I get an absolute metric ton of hits off various combinations of "7.62x39mm Ammo Shortage", "top break 32 s&w revolvers", and "Springfield Armory Professional Model", and I expect that, because that's a lot of what I talk about here. I also get quite a few hits on "VF1000F" and "GPz550" and other motorcycles I've mentioned by name, and for the guy sweating over his busted old bike and looking for technical advice, I'm sorry to have wasted your Googling time but you have to agree that the mistake was understandable, no?

It's the weird ones that confuse me (and probably confuse the searcher when they wind up here.) For instance, the guy searching on "george noory freemason" was probably not looking for this. The searcher from Google.es was probably looking for something a little more specifically carronade-related than this, especially since he typed his search in quotes. Little Ilse at Google.at probably actually wanted to play counterstrike games, rather than read my snarky ramblings. The winner of the Most Disappointed Googler contest, however, has to be this one; I am fairly confident that they were not looking to hear some chick natter on about packing heat.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Tam has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to stat-combing. I can count my visits per day on three hands! (?)

Anyway, I did find this one kinda interesting.