Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ah, that might explain it...

I always wondered why the satellite imagery of my house on Google Maps was so out of date. It obviously dates from early spring or late fall several years ago. Trees and grass all brown, neighbor's garage still an unfinished cinderblock pile...

It wasn't until today that I backed out the magnification a bit and noticed that the "out-of-season" segment containing VFTP Command Central was a large strip that included most of the Y-12 complex out at Oak Ridge. You think that might have anything to do with it?

8 comments:

Zendo Deb said...

I forget is Y-12 the research side or the weapons development side of Oak Ridge?

You are out there a ways, aren't you... though I guess that Knoxville is getting closer to Y-12 every year.

Zendo Deb said...

The summer I spent there, they (the men in black no doubt) built a brand new road, with wide shoulders and bright yellow lines. They then put up a fence that said "road closed."

I always thought they should have put a sign that said "secret government installation," but I have a twisted sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

Y-12 is the weapons side, and I assume she means X-10, also known as ORNL, which is closer to Knoxville.

Tam said...

No, the swatch that includes Y-12 also includes my house, out by Farragut/Concord.

Anonymous said...

Tam, you're allowed to connect the dots, but you are FORBIDDEN from collecting the dots!

Haven't you learned ANYTHING from Daily Kos?

Your 9-11 Truth card has so been revoked.

Rob K said...

I think it's much ado about nothing. Google Earth shows half the facility with green and half brown. The images of my house, nowhere near any government facility, are 2 years old. They just don't update their images that frequently.

Tam said...

But that explanation, while probable, is nowhere near as cool.

Anonymous said...

They just didn't want current images of the intarweb's foremost horrible-screaming-death site to be made public.