Monday, July 23, 2007

Archaic game geekery, thy name is Tam.

Got a copy of Fallout running on the iBook SE.

Better, I think I got a copy of Might & Magic I up and running on the PowerBook 190. We've successfully generated characters; we'll give the gameplay the actual smoke test tomorrow. If the '040-powered 190 is too swoopy for the archaic software, we'll just have to use the Mac SE.

I have discovered that what was fun then is still fun now; if the game was only cool for its bling, it doesn't age well, but solidly fun gameplay is solidly fun gameplay. You know, it's been a long time since I played Zork. I'll bet it's still a hoot...

6 comments:

AnarchAngel said...

I've actually been running fallout, and fallout 2 on my Linux laptop for a while. ALmost all of the iwn95 and 98 games work to some degree or another.

Anonymous said...

So this begs the question: what do you pack for a Grue hunt?

Ace said...

Zork! Egads, I haven't heard that game title in ages.

bryanp--don't you need light?

Anonymous said...

Spotlighting grue will get you a visit from the DNR. They'll revoke your grue hunting license.

Paul said...

SUPER SLEDGEHAMMER!


Tam, if you never played through it, I urge you to get a copy of Jagged Alliance 2. Turn-based gaming at the absolute ideal.

I can hook you up, you know where to find me.

Weer'd Beard said...

Nethack is still the #1 game I play. Extra fun because now I play online, so the bones files are from other players, not just me!