Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Blog Stuff: Fear my geekitude.

On the excavated table to my left are a scattering of old PowerBooks, an iBook, and a beige Mac Performa desktop, the latter of which is up and running. In front of me is a big P4 tower covered in stickers and surrounded by speakers, card readers, a remote for the sound system, WiFi antennae, a docked Sony PDA, and et cetera.

If you didn't notice the dust on the PDA, and the fact that the P4 was doing nothing but web surfing while the Performa was idling away at a game of Civ II, you might think I was actually getting stuff accomplished. Wotan knows the setup sure looks productive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like old Macs, you should come clean out my attic. I have several that I should probably get rid of so they no longer consume space. I think I have a IIcx in there somewhere. A few NeXTStations, and a IIsi. I'm trying to think if I still have a IIfx up there. There's an old PowerBook, I think. Somewhere I have a prototype Newton.

I don't know if any of this stuff still works. I really need to find out at some point.

Tam said...

Anything you decide to part with, let me know.

Also, software (read: games) that will run on old clunkers like my IIsi, LCII, and Color Classic is always sought...

Anonymous said...

My friend Jason (the one who had the Calico M950 blow up in his face) is the author of a classic Mac game called Star Rhoids. Apparently if you can find it, it will still run on the new Macs. It was shareware, he still has a check from Steve Wozniak somewhere.