Monday, July 09, 2007

Blog Stuff: Thanks, SayUncle!

Regarding the tee shirt in this post, here's the video:

I've got the CD single in the drive right now. Incidentally, the opening lines should begin "Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true. Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil. Jesus was an architect, previous to his career as a prophet..." They're abbreviated in the video because the video is set to the mix on the CD called the [Short, Pusillanimous, So-They-Can-Fit-More-Commercials-On-The-Radio Edit]. Sixteen years later, it still makes me want to go drive. The back of the tee shirt says, in bold, black, sans-serif caps, "No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified." I dread the day that shirt starts falling apart...

(For the gearhead geek, the engine on the t-shirt and CD cover is a late-'60s Mopar 440 Six-Pack.)

H/T to SayUncle.

4 comments:

SpeakerTweaker said...

All of the sudden, I found myself in love with the world, So there was only one thing that I could do:

Was Ding a Ding Dang My Ding Along Ling Long.

Awesome. I live in the constant hope that I, too, can one day say that Hey-Zeus had something to do with my hot-rod, too. ('68 Firebird Hardtop).

One can but hope:)



tweaker

phlegmfatale said...

I saw Alain Jourgensen with the Revolting Cocks on their Beers, Steers & Queers tour. He's deliciously sick. Great show. Trent Reznor was there and Luc Van Acker. Stuff of legend.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, there are a number of places selling "Jesus built my hotrod" shirts, unfortunately, all of them seem to be in black.

And to tell you the truth, the six pack was kinda a sucky motor to deal with, getting the carbs synced was a hassle. I much prefer the single carb version, which was downrated 15hp versus the triple two barrels.

And both take a backseat to a crossram 426 Hemi - that one's a real beast of an engine.

NotClauswitz said...

Beautiful music, but if the wheels are enclosed is it really a hotrod?