Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Working third shift at an inconvenience store on Roswell Road in Atlanta, lying athwart the exit route for folks partying in Buckhead to return to their homes in the northern bedroom 'burbs, I saw all manner of weird and exciting stuff: A crew-cab duallie low-rider with a hot-tub full of drunken revelers in the bed. Armed robberies of the businesses on all three sides. A guy with black hair, black clothes, pale skin, muttonchop sideburns, sunglasses at 3AM, and a black suicide-door Lincoln Continental with tinted windows and the license plate "NATAS". The little Mexican dude who did his weekly grocery shopping at the stop'n'rob in the wee hours with his pet snake draped around his neck. But I never, ever saw anything this weird.

(H/T to Dustbury.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell?

Anonymous said...

hate to post anon, but I'm in the ATL, and wondered if you know that Buckhead is now extinct like the dodo? All those nars are closed and is being lauded as becoming the "Rodeo Drive of the South".

Anonymous said...

"Armed robberies of the businesses on all three sides."

You know you're dealing with Atlanta when you read a statement like that and think to yourself: "at once?".

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering. . .

Did this young lady win a bet or lose one??

Anonymous said...

Probably neither. I used to date a girl like her when I was 16. Hell of a summer...

Anonymous said...

Why can't stuff like this happen in my town?

Chas S. Clifton said...

Now if she had come in on the jet-powered bicycle, that would be weird.

Anonymous said...

Hell, You think that's weird? HA! I once got yelled at by a 7 foot tall tranvestite doorman in a red vinyl dress and a dog collar for not meeting the clubs dresscode!

Then again, this is New York, where that kind of weird is a weekly occurance, especially if one is out and about on "freak time"(Midnight to sunrise)

Carl H said...

For two bits she will do a mazurka in jazz,
with a view of Niagara that nobody has.
And on a clear day you can see Alcatraz.
You can learn a lot from Lydia!

Cybrludite said...

Do I even want to know where she kept the money to pay for the gas & smokes?

Anonymous said...

I swear upon my life I once witnessed a dude in a black evening dress and heels go skydiving.