Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gun Stuff:

Salamander has some closeups of the Ruger LCR for those who haven't fingered one yet. It is good to see that they're finally making a compact revolver smaller and lighter than everybody else's mid-size revolvers.


Justin has a two-post-long review of the Tactical Solutions .22LR AR-15 upper. A rimfire AR upper is invaluable for getting in trigger time for those of us who live a healthy drive away from the nearest range that will let us stretch out a centerfire rifle. I can get to a pistol range, indoors or outdoors, once or twice a week. Real rifles are more a once a month proposition...

8 comments:

Bob said...

And the fact that the LCR doesn't have a stupid keyhole drilled into the frame is a plus, too. Not that the LCR doesn't have a lock, it does, but Ruger wisely placed it under the grips, where it can't be seen other than by a lock fanatic.

Mad Saint Jack said...

Can I haz 9mm LCR???

Anonymous said...

The trigger guard is huge.

Bob, if the popularity of rimless revolvers catches on...

Thanks for the link!

Sal

Anonymous said...

err. Mad Saint Jack I meant. :|

Tam said...

A 9mm snubbie would be cool, but it would need to be on a shortened frame to really make sense. (And it would need to work better than that 905IB abortion from Taurus...)

Mad Saint Jack said...

My 905IB is 25% click, 75% boom.

Anonymous said...

I had the opportunity to handle a couple of examples at my local gun shops, and the trigger is fantastic. Much better than my Smith 638, IMHO. It feels almost too light...of course, so does a Smith Airlite or a Glock...

I'll give it a few months to see if the LCR has any teething problems as did the LCR and SR9 (that'll also give me some time to rebuild the New Gun Fund). That said, assuming the gun holds up (and the price comes down a bit) I wouldn't mind having one.

--Wes S.

Anonymous said...

Shot one at SHOT show media day and it was surprisingly controllable with 158 grain +P. Actually shot a group not a pattern. Great DA trigger as Wes said, small but useable sights. If I was a revolver guy I'd jump on one in a hurry for a carry gun. Larry Weeks