Sunday, December 19, 2010

You might be a fanboy if...

So ToddG at pistol-training.com had a little contest running with a prize for the person who guessed the date and time of when the 50,000th shot would be fired from his HK45 test gun and who would be the shooter.

To close out the contest, he posted a teaser closeup of the pistol actually being fired, and some of his commenters piped up with "That's Larry Vickers! I recognize his hands!"

Recognize his hands? Y'know, there's a line between fanboyish and stalkeriffic, and that's tap-dancing right on it.

There's a picture of my carry gun in Oleg Volk's galleries to which I linked earlier this year, and someone asked if that was my hand holding the gun, and I had to look closely and think about it and I still replied "I believe so..." and I had a hand right here to compare it to.

11 comments:

og said...

I think I'd recognize my hands just because of the scars.

Tam said...

Yeah, none of the good scars on my right hand are visible in that photo.

Farm.Dad said...

I most likely wouldn't notice and be able to identify my own hands . However Oleg likely would given as many pics as he took of them when he was out LOL .

FatWhiteMan said...

Who the hell is Larry Vickers?

Tam said...

FatWhitMan,

Not a fanboy, I take it? ;)

(Here's an intro to 'the LAV'.)

og said...

Two times this year I have had to rescan my fingers on my computer because new scars were not recognized by my fingerprint scanner. Thanks for the Intro to LAV, I would never have known myself.

Tam said...

Og,

Thankfully, I don't accumulate scars on my hands at quite that kind of a pace. :)

What I found most interesting about that photo, which is probably 8 years old, is how pristine the pistol looks! :o

Glenn Kelley said...

So now I'm trying to remember where I've seen pictures of you that show your hands.
The proportions of your thumb should give it away.

Glenn

Tam said...

Well, the profile pic at the top of the page is one... ;)

Anonymous said...

If it is any comfort, consider that if more than one person recognized his mitts then they may be fairly distinctive. If it was only one guy, then it might be a little weird.

Jim

OrangeNeck said...

Your pinky is missing.

OH GOD, WHERE IS YOUR PINKY??????