Wednesday, January 05, 2011

It'd never sell...

The tentative title for LabRat's new book on relationships: Men Are From Earth; Women Are From Earth, Too.

It'd never sell. It's a lot more marketable to tell somebody that their (man/woman) will respond to this Magic Formula, available in hardback for $19.97 and soon out in Audiobook, than it is to tell them that their (Joe/Susan) is a complicated and unique individual whose needs and desires will be changing from year to year and day to day and good luck with all that.

6 comments:

BobG said...

There will always be a market for snake oil.

Stretch said...

Men need to remember only 5 words;
"I love you."
"Yes, dear."

Stingray said...

Wow, and proof of point in only two comments. I think that's a speed record, even for Tam.

I'd say let's have him bronzed and put up as the fast time marker, but then I wouldn't be able to sell a copy of "Why Everything In Your Relationship Is A Surprise To Only You."

Kristophr said...

Guides on men and women are useful for manipulating people who believe in these guides.

Justthisguy said...

Actually, Game has been proven to work, on the kind of women I try to avoid, anyway.

Tam said...

Please, I'd like to retain my respect for you, and everybody who natters about that "Game" nonsense on the 'net is such a loser.