Friday, January 07, 2011

"Oh, what a world! What a world!"

I'm not all filled with a sense of congressional hope'n'change yet, but at least I got plenty of schadenfreude from the writhings of San Fran Nan yesterday. The headline at the Democrat party's in-house public relations agency, CNN, reads:
Pelosi blasts 'hypocrisy' of new members
Well, if she says it's hypocrisy, it must be so; I can think of few people as intimately familiar with the topic as Ms. Pelosi.
"We still would have lost the election because we had 9 ½ percent unemployment," Pelosi told CNN Chief National Correspondent John King. "That came from the policies of George W. Bush and the Republican's support for his initiatives."
Get that? It's George Bush's fault that the Democrats lost the midterm elections. Jesus wept, the Bush-blaming is so reflexive now that I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the Pelosi household just to hear the excuses:
  • "Dinner got burned by the policies of George W. Bush."
  • "The sink's clogged by the policies of George W. Bush."
  • "The policies of George W. Bush spilled a glass of wine on the living room carpet."
I'm not a huge fan of the policies of George W. Bush, but if one of their effects is to jack up the unemployment rate amongst congresscritters, maybe there's a hidden upside I hadn't heretofore considered...

22 comments:

Shermlock Shomes said...

You've got it slightly wrong: "The policies of George W. Bush caused the maid to spill a glass of wine on the Persian rug."

Jon said...

I figure if Obama gets voted out in 2012 (I can hope :D) - the Dem's will somehow make it George Bush's Fault.

Robert Langham said...

Is she serious? Is she serious?

Joe in PNG said...

Well, the policies of George Bush caused me to lose my internets for a week, AND to severely burn my leg on my motorcycle tailpipe!

Quite how, I don't know. But I'm sure he's behind it somewhere...

Tam said...

The policies of George W. Bush made the alarm clock go off at 0100 here at Roseholme Cottage.

ViolentIndifference said...

Pompeii? George W. Bush.

Bram said...

She likes to pretend she wasn't Speaker during the last two years of the Bush Amdministration - and he signed into law nearly every piece of bad legislation they passed.

Look at unemployment before and after 2007.

Joe in PNG said...

Aaaand...
New Coke? George W. Bush!

The Beatles breakup? Bush.

The bad brown acid at Woodstock? Bush again.

JFK? Just prove that W wasn't behind the grassy knoll.

Dinosaurs extinct? Bush- gotta have that evil oil.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

ViolentIndifference wins the Internets...

ViolentIndifference said...

Ugh. Can I take the cash option?

Candidus said...

Don't forget who destroyed the windmill.

Anonymous said...

Give Nancy a break. She hasn't been the same since that house fell on her sister.

Gerry

Wolfwood said...

I'm told that in a rare show of bipartisanship after the earthquake in Haiti, Obama asked the USGS to rename the Enriquillo-Plantain Garden fault as "Bush's Fault."

Laughingdog said...

The policies of George Bush caused it to snow so heavily here after Christmas, and then his policies made someone park in my space at work the last two days.

Damn him!

treefroggy said...

George Bush ate my homework. And that's a fact.

mariner said...

I for one hope the bitch keeps this up -- all the way to 2012.

She must really have your knickers in a twist, Tam: you actually wrote the word "Jesus".

;)

Tam said...

mariner,

"She must really have your knickers in a twist, Tam: you actually wrote the word "Jesus"."

Since many of my readers are Christians, I do try to keep the blasphemy to a dull roar. :)

SiGraybeard said...

I have a dream - a dream that some day a politician will act like a sports coach and take responsibility for what they've been in charge of for all of 10 minutes. Let alone two years.

Skip said...

It is a known fact that Botox effects brain stuff.
As to taxing the 'rich into equality', I wonder how much the Wicked Witch and her banker hubby pay.

Joe in PNG said...

Skip,
Nancy and her ilk aren't rich. They just happen to have a lot of money- a totally different thing.

All together now: "Four legs good, two legs better!"

Unknown said...

The Obamalosi crowd not only adopted the Bush monetary policies which they had already supported, they amplified them.

If the country's financial structure has become even more of a shambles, how is it Dubya's fault?

Beaumont said...

Actually, "Jesus wept" is not blasphemy. Jesus wept because of the evil He saw in the hearts of human beings -- I imagine He is tearing up over Nancy (and her eventual destination) even now.