Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Welcome to Indy, where the crooks enforce the law!

Boy, the hits just keep on coming, as it were, for the Marion County prosecutor's office.

With the previous prosecutor having left under a cloud of scandal and suspicion and a deputy prosecutor who amazingly still has a job after playing drunken bumper cars in Broad Ripple, the last thing they needed was another deputy prosecutor busted, this time for "battery, criminal trespass and residential entry charges."

Before new prosecutor Terry Curry can clean up the IMPD, he's going to need to shovel out his own office. I would start by hanging a placard reading “Meos tam suspicione quam crimine iudico carere oportere" over the desk of all the deputy prosecutors.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beati IMPD quibus bibere vivere est

ViolentIndifference said...

"Ooooo, you speak French!"

Mikael said...

*grins at ViolentIndifference*

Nice Ceasar quote.

Murphy's Law said...

Sometimes I wonder how long it will be before Ray Bradbury's fireman come for my library.

"Play the man, Master Ridley..." indeed.

Joanna said...

"Sometimes I wonder how long it will be before Ray Bradbury's fireman come for my library."

Just remember: It won't be because they want to keep you down; it'll be because they want to keep everyone else from getting up.

Murphy's Law said...

Damn--I posted that otherwise prescient yet pity comment on the wrong post.

I blame Murphy...the dog, not the law.

Murphy's Law said...

"Just remember: It won't be because they want to keep you down; it'll be because they want to keep everyone else from getting up."

Well that'll have to wait intil Diana Moon Glampers, the Handicapper General, is appointed. I expect that sometime during Obama's second term if We, the People, don't stop him.

Murphy's Law said...

And I can't spell "pithy" either. Hell with it...I'm going back to bed...with a good book that they'll never be able to take away from me.

Blackwing1 said...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"And then I'll put more guards on the guards." (Commander J.J. Adams, "Forbidden Planet")

Anonymous said...

Populi custodia custodium sed somnet! The People ought to guard the guardians, but they (the people) sleep.

I hope I got it right, it's been a while since I wrangled an ablative absolute. Apologies to Cato & my Latin teachers!

Ulises from CA

Don M said...

I love this blog!

nbc said...

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

(From here)

Anonymous said...

Agere sequitur credere. Boni pastoris est tondere pecus non deglubere. Praesis ut prosis ne ut imperes.

staghounds said...

My latin is rusty-

"If me or Tam suspect you of crime, you will have career opportunities"

, right?