Friday, January 21, 2011

What perfect timing...

According to my email in-box, Brownells has thoroughly revamped their product search engine and shopping interface, and just in time, too. At this past weekend's gun show, I had been about to buy a couple of trinkets and thought "You know, I can get these cheaper from Brownells..."

Their old product search engine seemed to have been steadily improved over time, but still had a decision tree that turned searching for and buying a pack of grip screws into a clickfest that sounded like a Minesweeper tournament. This is annoying when it occurs in the same universe that contains Amazon's "1-Click" feature.

I'm off for some rail covers for the M&P15-22 and a few other odds and sods.

5 comments:

libertyman said...

Tam, are you going to pick this up?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/n=y/pid=40362/Product/AR_15_M16_ENGRAVED_EJECTION_PORT_COVER

2yellowdogs said...

Ain't it the truth? I'd bought things elsewhere (and most likely for more money) a number of times because of their arcane search process. Kudo's to the Brownell's gnomes for getting to work and bringing their website firmly into the 1990s.

Mostly Cajun said...

no, no, no...

"One-click" is bad. Very bad. Stomping on baby chickens bad.

You have NO idea how many packages have shown up at my door because of One-click, leading to "Why'd you buy THAT????

And it's even worse with the the Kindle...

And ow gun stuff???

MC

Stretch said...

Just what I need; an even easier way to spend money.
Now where did I leave that Wish List?
Sight Adjustment Tool
Base Pin Puller
Sight Paint ...
I can hear my checkbook squealing.


W/V= "terstora" An Italian sports car with only 4 cylinders.

Eric said...

Did you ever get around to shooting that M&P 15-22?