Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Speaking of sales...

...Amazon is running one on the Surefire X300 weapon light right now, which is pretty much the gold standard for pistol lights. They are just unbelievably solidly built.

(The main reason my backup M&P sports a Streamlight TLR-1 isn't because I think it's better, but because I think it's reasonably good and it was almost a hundred bucks cheaper than the Surefire unit. But at $159 for the X300 instead of the ~$200 they usually bring? I'd have picked it over the TLR-1 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.)

10 comments:

Drang said...

On a tangent, and FWIW, I've noticed over the last few weeks that shooting and gunsmithing supplies have been showing up regularly as lightning deals.

Anonymous said...

oh hell yes.

ordered two.....
:-)

Alien said...

Got mine on on the way - thanx for the tip.

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

Completely agree with your assessment... but as my gals and I needed a dozen weapon lights for various firearms... the TLR-1s was hundreds less in the quantities we needed and works well... and the new 300 lumen TLR-1 is unbelievably bright...

Dann in Ohio

craig m. said...

Great find. I will pick a couple up. So much for my Christmas budget.

Boat Guy said...

Thanks Tam!
Hope you get some kinda "Referral Credit" from Bezos for selling a couple of dozen lights. Younger son will find one under the tree...

rremington said...

Sure. NOW they're on sale.

perlhaqr said...

I guess that thar sale must be over. Back up to $183, now. :-/ Ah well.

Scott_S said...

The new TLR-1 HL at 630lumens makes this look like a AA mini-mag light. and it's 120.00 on amazon.

If you're going to charge top of the line rates I'd better be getting bleeding edge tech.

Tam said...

"The new TLR-1 HL at 630lumens makes this look like a AA mini-mag light."

Not after I used my X300U to pound the TLR into wreckage it didn't.

Look, I like a TLR just fine. Been running one on an M&P for a year now. Bot for only a $30 difference, I'd go with the tougher Surefire and find a way to live with "only" 500 lumens.