Monday, December 05, 2005

Blog Stuff: The Meme From U.N.C.L.E.

Via SayUncle, it's Seven by Seven.

The questions:

Seven things to do before I die
Seven things I cannot do
Seven things that attract me to (…)
Seven things I say most often
Seven books (or series) that I love
Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time)
Seven people I want to join in, too.

Okay, then; here we go:

Seven things to do before I die:
Finish writing just one book. (Publishing optional.)
Have a drink with P.J. O'Rourke.
Get in shape to be seen in public in a bikini again.
Hunt Cape Buffalo.
Get a pilot's license.
Build a 1911 from the ground up all by myself.
See Stonehenge, the Isle of Man TT, the Flavian Ampitheatre, and turn a lap on the Nurburgring, all in one whirlwind vacation.

Seven things I cannot do:
Carry a tune. Not even in a bucket.
Resist commenting on idiocy.
Fly.
Fathom why any sequels were made to Star Wars.
Balance a checkbook.
Remember birthdays or anniversaries.
Cartwheels.

Seven things that attract me to (well, this is a gunblog.)
They're mechanically interesting.
They make loud noises.
They're ownable, durable, historical artifacts.
They're very rarely bad investments.
Gunsmoke smells cool.
They are useful tools.
They keep the King of England out of my face.

Seven things I say most often
*&^%
#$%!
*)$#
$?/!
#=%?
&*#$
and "Darn."

Seven books (or series) that I love
The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
Atlas Shrugged
Lord of the Rings
Neuromancer
pretty much anything by P.J. O'Rourke
Anne Rice's first four or five vampire books, before they started to suck
Lindsey Davis' Marcus Didius Falco mysteries

Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time)
Bladerunner
Way Of The Gun
Suicide Kings
Blackhawk Down
Dr. Strangelove
Life of Brian
Gladiator (swoon)

Seven people I want to join in, too.
Alston (though he won't.)
Tiffani
The Munchkin Wrangler
Grampa Pinhead
Zendo Deb
Oleg
South Park Pundit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before the vampires started to suck, or just the books?