Sunday, January 15, 2006

Boomsticks: Note to self...

An allen wrench is not a punch, and a 20-oz. Estwing is not a nylon hammer...

Kitchen table assembly of an AR lower with dick-all for tools, not to mention no kitchen table (nor even a kitchen, for that matter) is harder than it looks. A patient gun nut would wait 'til tomorrow morning, where a fully-equipped shop awaits...

*sigh*



Postscript: So, I give it up, pack a couple of my tools away, get distracted by the computer, and...

...when I look back down at the floor, one of my cats has surreptitiously made off with the screw-on cap to the storage compartment in the handle of my multi-bit screwdriver.

So now I'm applying techniques I learned from reading the memoirs of survivors of North Korean prison camps, but the furry little beasties remain stoically uncooperative:

"Huh? Cap? What cap? Did you see a cap?"

"Little black thing, about yea big, and threaded? Kinda tasty, and rolled around nicely when batted? Nope. Never saw it."

Oy vey. I'd use a blowtorch to try and extract the information, but the stubborn critters still wouldn't tell me anything, and burned cat hair smells awful. Plus, the Washington Post would say that W made me do it...

3 comments:

Elmo's aphasiatic twin said...

My brother got a cat to talk by tying a fishing line to its tail and wheeling it up and down inside the church outhouse. The line broke. The next person to use the facilities turned my brother into the war crimes tribunal--my mother.

LOHAN said...

You mean to tell me an allen wrench can't be used as a punch? I started building my lower last night. I got the magazine catch installed and decided I better get some good tools rather than make do with improvised ones. I ordered some good roll pin punches, a stock wrench and a pivot pin detent depressor from Brownells this morning.

If you go by the vault, tell my upper I said hello and I might take him home this weekend. I'm afraid I may enjoy building this gun too much!

MarkF said...

Anything weighing less than a pound or so, and not nailed to the floor, is a cat toy.
Anything weighing more is cat furniture.