Friday, December 22, 2006

Boomsticks: The Horror...

So, a guy comes into the shop with the nicest, intact Argentine 1909 carbine I've ever seen in my life and says...


"Can you drill and tap this for a scope, and put a regular safety on it?"


I'd like to report that the pens we use for writing job tickets will still write on tear-dampened paper. The gunsmith who was going to handle the job took an obvious delight in my discomfort... "Do you know how many of these I've bubba-ized over the last fifteen years?" he said with a malicious grin.

No, and I don't want to, thankyouverymuch.


*Sigh*

The customer is always right, even when they're wrong...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sniff*

That's such a cryin' shame.

I just don't get why people insist on turning $700 historical artifacts into $300 sporters.

Did you point out to Mr Fudd that he could probably sell his Argie to a more deserving custodian, buy a brand spankin' new Savage 110 and have change left over for some mounts and a cheeseburger?

Don M said...

I have an 1891 Argi.

Just in case someone needs to save one from being sporterized...

Jeffro said...

Not to be snarky, considering the source of this quote, but "I feel your pain."

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you tried to talk some sense into that fool.

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I've got one of those carbines. Picked it up real cheap. Clean, intact, shoots just fine.

There ain't no way in hell I'd do anything like that to it. Just shoot, clean and occasionally wipe it down with a Ballistol rag.

Next time, gently take it from hie hands. Smile. Then butt stroke him with it. Go ahead, it was made to take it ;-)