Friday, March 23, 2007

Blog Stuff: Untortured.

Overheard at Outback on Wednesday night:

Sgt. P.: "Yeah, she was a stripper."

Mr. P.: "Are you still going on about that? Anyhow, did you see th..."

Tam: "Wait! What's that song?"

Mr. P.: "What song? I can't hear anything over all the chatter in here."

Sgt. P.: "I know who that is! It's... it's..."

Tam: "Oh, fergawdssake! Don't torture me like this! Who is that? I need that song."

Waitron: "Can you sing a little bit of it?"

Mr. P.: *Plugs Ears*

Tam: "No."

Sgt. P.: "I know who that was..."

Tam: "Who?"

Sgt. P.: "I can't remember."

Tam: "Great. Now I'm totally f&*#ing tortured."

Mr. P.: "Just look it up on the internet."

Tam: "With what? I don't know the title or the artist!"



Postscript: Thanks to Google, some fruity lyrics site with lots of dancing balogna & spyware, and iTunes, I have uncoolly paid $0.99, and now "The World I Know" by Collective Soul is safely on my hard drive.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. I bought that song off iTunes a couple months ago. Saw it done live by a high school group. The soloist was awesome - better than Collective Soul.

Anonymous said...

You, Tam, make my day. Don't know what I'd do without my daily shot of 'Tam in the Morning.'

Anonymous said...

And now that song has been stuck in my head for the last half hour. Thankyouverymuch.

Alcibiades said...

"Dancing balogna" -- Is that a euphemism?

Anonymous said...

So ... what are the four top hits of the "Village People"?

I really don't need an answer, I am just amused by the thought of those tunes endlessly playing in people's heads ....

Anonymous said...

Collective Soul.

Blech.

One of the worst bands of the 1990's.

And unlike Marcie Playground, they didn't have the decency to break up and go away.