Sunday, January 31, 2010

Overheard in the Hall:

We've been excavating the dining room table here at Roseholme Cottage; a team sport because both players need to sort the magazines and bills from the catalogs and junk mail that have accumulated on their respective corners. Roomie is happy and cracking jokes when we pause for a break; me to check email and she to the smallest room. I'm in the computer room a few minutes later when I hear a clatter and some cussing from in there.

After she emerges, her mood seems soured.

Me: "What's wrong?"

RX: "I'm just in a bad mood."

Me: "Huh? You were laughing and joking! You were fine before you went in the crapper!"

RX: "No, I was already headed for the crapper."

Cue laugh track.

7 comments:

Paul said...

And you wonder why guyys don't get it. Married a long time and I still can't figure out the mood swings.

Randy Pollock said...

crickets...

rickn8or said...

Yeah. Back in my married days it was either "step lightly" or "step lively" and I was always guessin' wrong.

Tam said...

Crapper...? Headed for the crapper?

I guess you had to be there.

Roberta X said...

...She also doesn't mention within five minutes, I was laughing so hard I fell down, chortling over "Vanna, I'd like to buy a noun!" or similar nonsense.

Mood swings? I've got an entire playground! ;\

loren said...

The final solution. Doesn't clean, but neither did my ex wife.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/02/01/sex.robot/index.html

Turk Turon said...

I'm a fan of the mood see-saw, m'self.