Thursday, August 05, 2010

Get up, stand up!

I realize I'm late, but I wanted to make sure that I was on the right side of this issue:


I understand why, in the narcissism-drenched, P.R.-scented corridors of the Jaye Edgar Hoover Building, where everyone looks like Scully and Mulder and acts better than Jodie Foster and Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. put together, it would be automatically assumed that the only reason somebody would display the sacred seal would be to pass themselves off as a member of the sacred band.

Relax, G-man; I'm not doing any such thing. Go pester a real criminal someplace, why don't you? And look up "Streisand Effect" while you're at it.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Max, once a bureaucracy loses sight of its mission, it redoubles its efforts.

Shootin' Buddy

John B said...

gee, so if I post the FBI symbol, I'll have more than 20 readers?

Anonymous said...

No blog, so I pasted that thing on an email to everybody I know.

I'm no "fibber", but I play one on the toobz...

AT

Joel said...

Public ridicule? I'm so IN!

Jack said...

This reminds me of the RCMP - Disney deal. Some thought it proved that the RCMP was a Mickey Mouse outfit.

http://archives.cbc.ca/on_this_day/06/27/

Flight-ER-Doc said...

Famous, But Incompetent....

Bubblehead Les. said...

Tam said: "Go pester a real criminal someplace, why don't you".

Or shoot a Mother and her baby in Idaho.

Or burn some kids alive in Texas.

Or let Terrorists board planes on 9/11/2001.

F#*king Braindead Idiots, you make TSA and BATFE look efficient.

Old Grouch said...

Gee, do you suppose they'll make the movie companies remove it from those DVD antipiracy warnings... oh, wait.

Anonymous said...

I had the local FEBE in my old job telling us to be on the look out for Chicoms, Al Queda and illegal space aliens.

He spotted a new FBI challenge coin on my desk and told me he hadn't even seen one yet. He wanted to know why I had it.

I told him he wasn't authorized to know that information which was truly a BS answer.

I thought Special Ed was going to cry.

trackerk said...

Dude, I'm not with the FBI, it's just a graphic. I'm in:

http://warriorgeek.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/84/

Unknown said...

Its up on my blog too. How can they copyright something we own?

Ed Foster said...

Does Epaminondes work for the F.B.I.?

Steve Skubinna said...

And the lefty talking heads just can't understand why Americans - uh, sorry, racist Nazi teabaggers - are disgusted with the Gubmint.

Anonymous said...

How about we photoshop that symbol with "Department of Injustice" and "Federal Bureau of Inquisition"?