Sunday, August 22, 2010

Product endorsement...

Shootin' Buddy gave me a Maxpedition Fliegerduffel some time ago, and I have since managed to fall in love with it.

Small enough to fit in the trunk of the Zed Drei along with my range bag and a couple of ammo cans, yet roomy enough to stow enough stuff for a decent vacation (if you're me and "enough stuff" boils down to t-shirts, socks, jeans, and toiletries, a Nintendo DS, and some books,) it is packed with the clever features associated with Maxpedition gear:
  • The main compartment is one vast, open expanse, yet the sides and lid all have separate zippered pouches.
  • The zippered main closure wraps around all four corners so that you can access either end without undoing the two main fastex buckles.
  • There are three ways to tote it: A padded handle on the lid, a removable shoulder strap with a removable pad, and a padded backpack harness that can be partially unclipped and stowed in its own zippered enclosure on the bottom.
  • And of course the outside is festooned with MOLLE attachment loops so you can hang extra crap on it.
I have been unable to kill or even seriously scar this thing in about a year of determined trying. Recommend!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Shootin' Buddy thinks of everything (I mean she was carrying gear around in a backpack that I think I had in undergrad and Kroger bags).

What is life? Right, moving gear around.

Great weekend bag or 3 day gun school bag.

Shootin' Buddy

Anonymous said...

we bow to your superior gear-toting equipment, Shootin' Buddy. Whatever would Tam do without you?

Anonymous said...

Have more fun?

Shootin' Buddy

Anonymous said...

Try a Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger. With a few added pouches and a velcro organizer inside it's perfect for lugging a days gear around. Especially usful if you're taking any sort of mass transit as you can just rotate the bag to the front to keep it away from sticky fingers. There's even a "hidden" compartment that'll take a Springfield XD Tactical and two or three spare mags. I'm not a big fan of off body carry but....

Rabbit said...

They make great stuff. I've been using a Jumbo S-type as a murse for 3 or 4 years now.

Tango said...

Tam, does it fit in overhead storage on a flight, do you know?

Tam said...

I have not tried, but I know that it was designed with FAA carry-on dimensions in mind.

Anonymous said...

Only comes in Khaki though. Pity.

Anonymous said...

"Tam, does it fit in overhead storage on a flight, do you know?"

It does.

"Only comes in Khaki though. Pity."

O.D. Green, Black and Khaki.

Shootin' Buddy

aczarnowski said...

I'm male and am a bag whore. There. I feel better now. ;)

Looks nice. If my MEI convertable ever wears out, I'll see what that Maxpedition has morphed into. Good luggage is worth every penny.

The best tip I ever got for travel was the convertable bag; something with backpack straps that can be hidden and fits in the airline carry on category. So much better than the wheel-ons when traveling Europe and other places where sidewalks are optional and may be made of indigenous rocks.

freddyboomboom said...

And comes in ACU Compatible Digital Foliage Camo

But what do I know, I just Google stuff...

Rabbit said...

I don't see Tam getting on a commercial flight any time soon. Maybe a King Air, but certainly not a 737. Don't have to worry so much about baggage stowage on a private plane.

Anonymous said...

"I have been unable to kill or even seriously scar this thing in about a year of determined trying."

Easy. Take a newbie shooting, let him use the bag as a makeshift rifle rest, and fail to notice that he has the muzzle resting too far back. The muzzle blast will blow the best of bags to shreds. Ask me how I know. -- Lyle

mariner said...

I just ordered one.

The vendor at the link only has khaki, but you can get black, OD and DFC through Amazon. The prices are slightly higher, but if you're an Amazon Prime customer the free 2-day shipping probably offsets that.

I'll put it to use next week at the Appleseed Boot Camp.

Anonymous said...

Tam,
Slightly OT, but did you ever get a new DS game?

phlegmfatale said...

Yay! Accessories!

That's a seriously cool bag. I want one.