Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yesterday...

...all my troubles seemed so far away...

Sorry.

Anyhow, yesterday morning I went to the almost-a-dentist, having my screening appointment at IUPUI's Dental School. It was shockingly pleasant. My almost-a-dentist, Mandy, must have gotten straight A's in the classes on beds... er... chairside manner.

Afterward I had brunch at Cafe Pretenchou. I'd been craving one of their "Overachiever" omelets (bacon, cheddar, sour cream, horseradish) for a couple weeks, but every time I'd swung by, the parking lot had been brim-lippin' full and I didn't feel like trolling nearby side streets looking for a spot.

When I got home the intertubes were running sluggishly, and they still are kinda slow. Maybe they got flooded out during the big storm, or there's a kink in one of the tubes or something.

8 comments:

TJIC said...

HORSERADISH?

Oh, that sounds ... interesting.

Gotta try that!

genedunn said...

Oh... there's definitely kink in the intertubes. Rule 34.

Anonymous said...

Is that toofie work still in connection to the Great Dental Debacle of '10?

AT

Gunmart said...

Hey, Tam... err... uhhh... Jude. Damn it! Now I'm gonna be singing Beatles songs for the rest of the week.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Just the Intertube Czar trying to suppress any Opposition Speech. "We have assumed control of your Television. We control the Horizontal. We control the Vertical..."

John Venlet said...

Tam, that omelet sounds tasty. Have you ever had a bacon, cheddar, onion, avocado omelet? If not, try one, they are yummy.

Anonymous said...

"Yes."

Ouch.

Is there a particular ready thing on your Amazon sidebar that might help ease the pain?

I was thinking maybe the surrendermonkey tome by Dalrymple, but let me know if there is something you want sooner rather than later and I'll get it going to you. Just a token thanks for all the entertainment/edumacation you provide here.

But don't think we've forgotten about the reverse-misogyny rant that you promised for *cough*thismorning*cough*. ;)

AT

Drang said...

Funny you should mention Amazon, apparently Seattle's latest attempt to take over the universe was experiencing problems last night, and it screwed everybody else's intert00bz.