Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dreyses and Dragons...

I just finished reading Marko's short story, "Ink and Blood", published in (at? You kids and your electronical publications...) Beneath Ceaseless Skies.

It was mondo creative. It's got fountain pens and needle guns and magic and 19th Century Germany and adolescent romance and... well, just read it for yourself.

Just think: In a world where magic had to be written down to work, the fountain pen would have had the same impact as Hiram Maxim's most famous invention did in ours...

3 comments:

Brandoch Daha said...

"Whatever happens,
We have got
The ditto sheets
And they have not."

-- Belloc

Thank you for linking that. Marko is one of Sturgeon's 5%. They don't come along too often.

Tam said...

re: ditto sheets.

Oh, I am LOL'ing so hard here! I wish I'd wrote that. :D

Beaumont said...

Thanks for the tip. This is why I like you; you point out good stuff that i might otherwise miss.