Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fun Show Time!

Flintlocks and Flop-tops
And Number Three Russians
Black-powder Mausers
From jackbooted Prussians,
Shiny Smith PC's from limited runs
These are a few of my favorite guns.

Socketed bay'nets
On Zulu War rifles,
Engraved, iv'ried Lugers
That make quite an eyefull
Mosin tomato stakes sold by the ton
These are a few of my favorite guns.

Rusty top-breaks!
Smallbore Schuetzens!
And all of Browning's spawn
I just keep on browsing my favorite guns
Until all my money's gone.

Looking for a cheap top-break Smith to keep the others company, but I'm open to suggestions.

10 comments:

Farm.Dad said...

Woodsman/Huntsmans are nice .. Just saying.

Montana said...

Local gun show (Billings, MT) got cancelled at last minute. I'm hoping the people that bought tables got their money back. No gun show for me today.

John Richardson said...

I know Hickok45 has been playing with a few breaktops recently but I don't think they are that cheap.

How about an Iver Johnson? I know they made breaktops.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Have fun. We have sudden monetary issues looming, so instead of looking for a deal on an AR-15 lower, I'm looking at putting some cash away in reserve.

Things may look brighter next 1500. We'll see.

Cincinnatus said...

Oooooo, I love that song.

Overload in Colorado said...

Stay with a top break, but get a Webley?

Tam said...

Small frame top breaks are the last frontier of affordable Smith collecting.

Ken said...

I have a .32 Short lemon squeezer (with bad timing, so it doesn't get shot). I love that gun! They're just SO COOL!

Steve Skubinna said...

A phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?

Or maybe a BFG.

John B said...

Is is wrong that I actually see Tam dancing around like Julie Andrews, and singing this song in her voice?