Sunday, January 19, 2014

Making a note in my phrase book...

I am going to change the expression I use for describing bemused, uncomprehending wonderment from "like monkeys staring at a monolith" to "like Cletii staring at a clearing barrel."
"I hate to interrupt your smoke break there, Jasper, but I need to use that there sand barrel in yore sittin' bench so's I can gas up my heater."
Fortunately it was too cold at this show to need to shoo any loiterers off the clearing barrels, at least on Saturday.

7 comments:

TBeck said...

Technically, they were apes, not monkeys.

Tam said...

Alliteration afore accuracy.

Steve Skubinna said...

Probably a more apt term would be "hominids."

Sorry Tam, what was that you muttered about your Indian name?

The Jack said...

I dunno about folk usin' it as a bench, but when I came in on this Sunday morn' I fount it stuffed with pop bottles and a couple coffee cups stacked on it.

Still used it as a safe direction. Not like that crap would have hurt the sand.

But I do pity the maintainer.

Kristophr said...

( Stamps one foot on ground while squatting and howling in fear, then reaches out to touch the mysterious barrel ... )

Old NFO said...

Ouch... :-)

leaddog said...

Oh, with all the sand and what not, I thought it was a large ashtray. My bad. ;P

(ducks and runs)