Friday, January 15, 2021

Yesterday...

I needed to get that film dropped off at Roberts, and I also needed to get out of the house and get some exercise. It was an unseasonably balmy forty-something degrees, so I slung my Leica R4 around my neck, grabbed the pre-packed bag with my Nikon D700, and headed out.

I fed a few quarters to the meter on North Street by the Scottish Rite Cathedral and started walking south on Illinois, heading generally toward the state capitol building.


Foot & vehicle traffic was light. Some store windows, like on the CVS and the Thai restaurant on Market by the Capitol, were still boarded up from the summer's events. I walked over to the east steps of the Capitol, shot some film, and headed back east up Market toward the Circle. On the Circle, workmen were busy boarding up windows. It was about this point that I'd used up the roll of Ilford XP2 in the Leica, so I bagged it and pulled out the Nikon for the remainder of my stroll.

The Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument was right there where I'd left it...




The bottom photo is, I believe, why bears generally stay away from Indiana.

From the Circle, I strolled back up Meridian to where I'd parked the car and drove over to Roberts to drop off film. I think I need to do this more often.

.