Thursday, January 12, 2023

Hell Train

The name of my next band will be "Trainload of Karens".
"For those of you that are calling the police, we are not holding you hostage," a conductor can be heard over the loudspeaker. "We are giving you all the information in which we have. We are sorry about the inconvenience."

The conductor can also be heard telling people not to open their windows to smoke on the train.
This is the same problem with air travel these days: You're stuck in a metal tube with hundreds of people, each and every one of whom is convinced that they are the most important person in the vehicle and the rules don't apply to them. Nobody has any chill or patience or the ability to just relax and let stuff happen when it's beyond their control. 

Trust me, lady, I'm sure the crew is as eager to see you debark as you are to unass their train, and they are doing everything they can to hasten that blessed moment. 

I can't imagine having to fly yesterday... "We're all stuck here for the moment and yelling at the flight attendant isn't going to fix the FAA's computer glitch, honey, so how about not contributing to the general level of annoyance with your screeching?"



If I travel by train I am definitely springing for a roomette, so that if there's a delay I can just draw the curtains and read until we get moving again.

.