Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Information Dirt Road

The DSL line has been extremely spotty for the last couple weeks or so, and now the voice service on the old twisted pair land line has gotten iffy.

I'm burning data on the hotspot on my T-Mobile iPhone. I'd already blew past my monthly high speed hotspot data limit, so I'm throttled...to what was normal internet speeds back twenty years ago anyway. I'm not gaming or streaming movies*, so it's fine.

Still, I'll be off using the wifi at Twenty Tap this afternoon most likely.

It's almost like AT&T would like to chase everyone off twisted pair so they can just tear it all out and go fiber and wireless all the way.


*I mean, if I wanted to I could do so on my phone itself, which is still running at full 5G speed. Only the hotspot is throttled.

.