- Pet Shop Boys, Introspective
- Pink Floyd, Echoes
- Pink Floyd, The Division Bell
- Pink Floyd, The Final Cut
- Ultravox, Slow Motion
- Vangelis, Heaven and Hell
- Vangelis, Blade Runner
- Green Day, Dookie
- Emerson, Lake & Powell, Emerson, Lake & Powell
- Sex Pistols, The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle
- Joe Walsh, The Confessor
- Yello, One Second
I sure do wish I was better at writing while music was playing. I know lots of writers who actually do their thing while wearing headphones, and I just can't get into that headspace. If I've got music going, there's the overwhelming temptation to actually actively listen to the music and not the words in my head.
I've got Heaven and Hell playing while I type this, and it's not going too badly, but this isn't really writing, you know, it's more... "keyboard diarrhea", if you will.
EDIT: God, I had totally forgotten that part of Heaven and Hell was used as the theme music for Cosmos. Wow, that takes a girl back... What an awesomely good piece of music.