Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What a rip...

While I'm thinking about what to type, here's the stack of discs on the desktop this morning:
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot, Mack Daddy
  • White Zombie, Astro-Creep: 2000
  • Front 242, Front By Front
  • Massive Attack, 100th Window
  • Moby, Everything Is Wrong
  • EMF, Schubert Dip
  • Rush, Signals
  • Rush, Roll The Bones
  • Rush, Presto
  • Soundgarden, Superunkown
  • Soul Asylum, Misery
When I moved, the CDs tightly filled two boxes slightly larger than longneck beer cases. I've given up trying to have any rhyme or reason or "Hey, that looks good" to the day's ripping efforts; now I'm just grabbing a handful out of each box and trotting back downstairs to the office. I think I'm about half done...

4 comments:

staghounds said...

I knew I would never be able to keep mine straight, so I burn my mp3s at random. I guarantee I'm the only person on earth with some of these acts on the same piece of plastic.

And the juxtapositions freak people out.

Brian J. said...

You know, we have a hardware interface and software to convert audiocassettes to mp3 tracks.

That's how you get your hardcore old school collection on. Also, cassettes are cheaper than CDs at garage sales--a quarter each versus a buck or two.

Ken said...

Soul Asylum, neat (I don't have Misery, though).

Justin said...

Wow...Astrocreep: 2000. The last decent thing Rob Zombie was involved in.