Friday, September 05, 2008

Recoil therapy...

There will be snub-nosed big-bore magnum revolvers at Eagle Creek tomorrow morning, because some weeks just call for the fire and thunder of big bullets out of a short barrel to get one's head screwed back on straight. I'm pretty sure I've got some Buffalo Bore 265gr .41 Magnum around here someplace...

UPDATE: I'm going to bring my 3" 610 and my 3" 629. My 3" 657, too, if I can dig it out without too much trouble. The best part about the 610 is that I have, like, a case of 10mm Georgia Arms FMJ left over from my Glock 29/Delta Elite days, plus gawd knows how many boxes of various high-power JHP, and all I have left to shoot it is that revolver, so it should last a good, long time before I need to think about buying dies. I'm going to try to be there early, so maybe I'll see some of y'all at the range!

7 comments:

Carteach said...

Looks like heavy rains here will eliminate my own therapy session.
I have an old Mauser calling me, and some 8x57 needing conversion to smoke and noise.

Enjoy the range day..... hope the range master has some new toys to show off too. If the one guy has a Baikal .22 target pistol laid out, ask to try it.... it's a laser disguised as a pistol.

Dr. StrangeGun said...

I just got a nice clean box of 7.5 Swiss in the mail... I may finally get out and shoot a rifle for once.

Earl said...

All that for paper? watermelons and bowling pins, but paper? But they will be loud and that will clear the senses... won't it?

Jay G said...

Sounds like a good time, Tam. I'm bringing the Colt Gold Cup and the Smith & Wesson Model 19 (4") to the range tomorrow for Round Two of my Newbie intro (now including rifles!).

Should be a good day for flinging lead downrange...

Home on the Range said...

The week caught up with me and my blood pressure and IQ didn't even come up til about 11. Sorry I missed it.

the pawnbroker said...

that's gonna hurt so good...jtc

Anonymous said...

I'm with earl- paper looks pretty much the same, whether you poke it with a .44 roundball at 400 f/sec or a .44 magnum JHP at 1400 f/sec.... gallon milk jugs full of water or spare fruits and vegetables on the other hand.......