Sunday, December 14, 2008

The lofty goals of Senate Candidate 5.

In an interview with CNN, Jesse Jackson Jr. stated
"While I would be honored to serve the people of this state, it is clear to me that I am no capacity [sic] to serve them if there is a cloud over my head that seems to suggest that I am involved in some unscrupulous scheme to be a United States senator or anything else,"
So, in other words, he feels he can't be a politician from Illinois if there is a whiff of scandal attached to the position. Which leads me to wonder if there is a politician in Illinois without a whiff of scandal trailing them like the scent of a manure pit on a July day.

It appears that in the Land of Lincoln it is common for elected officials to confuse "serve the people" and "service the people".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give it time -- this level of scandal will soon be considered a "whiff" as well. Sad to say.

Anonymous said...

Yep, the water's getting warmer.

Gmac

Anonymous said...

Tam, in Illinois, "serve the people" is a cookbook.

Jeffro said...

And "service the people" really means "servicing the account", per George Carlin.

Anonymous said...

"it wasn't me"

Anonymous said...

Sigh.... First post was to the 'incrementalism' post. :/

I meant to say Jr's name will forever be associated with racial extortion and being a lying hypocrite thanks to the odious antics of his father the race warlord.

Gmac

Crucis said...

No, no politians that aren't corrupt north of Springfield---including Springfield. There aren't too many clean south of Springfield, either.

...former Illinois resident

Anonymous said...

For sale: One US Senate seat, size junior. Like new, hardly been used. $500,000 OBO. Nonsequential tens and twenties preferred, but will accept prepaid debit cards.

I'm REALLY tempted to log onto EBay and set up an auction, but I don't want to get banned.