Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Note to self...

All the traction control in the world won't help if your summer-tired RWD roadster with less ground clearance than a pregnant earthworm gets high-centered on the snowpack halfway into the garage. It's down to shovel work and sheets of cardboard under the drivewheels at that point...

On the upside, I'm feeling that happy sense of smug accomplishment that comes from having a newly-shoveled sidewalk while various slacker neighbors are still trying to impede their fellow Broad Riparians on their dog-walking rounds with three inches of fresh powder.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Did you hear that in good old England, everything came to a grinding halt because of 4 lousy inches of snow? Pussies.

Farm.Dad said...

Cardboard ?? what did you and bobbi do , make a snow fort ?? LOL . That gorish global warming can be brutal on accumulation cant it?

Anonymous said...

You're turning into a Yankee. That smug feeling of accomplishment at a well carved sidewalk or driveway. It's kinda like a grown-up's having the best snow fort in the neighborhood. Welcome to the northlands:-)

B Smith said...

I felt bad because I went and shoveled off my mom's driveway, and the kid from down the road, who usually does it, didn't get paid for it this time.
He's an awesome kid, too...first time he came to the house, several years ago, he and his brother rode BICYCLES, carrying their shovels across the handlebars. with the money they earned, they upgraded to a John Deere with a plow.

Jay G said...

She's not a true Yankee until she starts ignoring accumulation less than 4".

Or maybe I'm just lazy...

Anonymous said...

OrangeNeck, I invite you to commute one day in Saint Louis or Atlanta after one inch of snow.

I'll bet London once owned some formidable Bedford or Scammell snowplows, and scrapped them out.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to sell that thing for something more winter-able. :)

Anonymous said...

Jay, I'm with you. Four inches of snow means I have to actually brush off the truck, instead of just using the wipers and the wind.

Six or more means I probably turn the little knob that says "4HI". :)