Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

I seriously depleted the level of .22LR ammo in my ammo can, dirtying up my K-22 Combat Masterpiece and my Model 34, as well as Shootin' Buddy's Model 17. Put about a hundred rounds of .38 downrange through my 2" Model 64, as well. The highlight of the morning was busting a couple of clays out on the berm (50yds?) with the Model 17, shooting double action; I loves me some reactive targets.

Stopped by Plainfield Shooting Supplies afterward and traded some extra AR parts straight up for a few boxes of .22, 9mm, and .45, as well as a new Marlin 980S, because you can never have enough .22 rifles. (A couple of gun shows ago I bought three spare mags for my Papoose from one of the vendors. One of them turned out to be for a 980 and not a Papoose. Could there be a better reason to get a gun than "Well, I already have a magazine for it..."?) FWIW, Plainfield had plenty of 9mm, .45, and .308 in stock, and priced reasonably, too...

7 comments:

Jay G said...

Just in time for Buy A Gun Day, too!

staghounds said...

At knob creek I saw only one table with .380 on it, a half do2en boxes of Winchesater ball, priced at $40 each.

Two hours later, it was gone.

People are cra2y.

og said...

I'll teach you to be happy. I'll teach your gramma to suck eggs!

I told you I'd shoot! But you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?

FatWhiteMan said...

Heh. I bought a rifle in 7mm Mauser at a gun show a couple of weeks ago because I bought a set of Hornady 7x57 dies cheap on eBay when no one bid against me.

Joanna said...

I've had two people tell me to e-mail you about visiting the range (and I sent you an e-mail, but I think the Interwebs eated it). I'll buy the ammo. 9_9 <--- hopeful eyes

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun."

Caleb said...

.45 ACP in stock? MADNESS.

/me goes to Plainfield on Monday for much needed BBs.

Anonymous said...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09092/959774-134.stm

One riot. One Roo.