Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fun Show Time!

Let's sing the fun show song!
Flintlocks and Flop-tops
And Number Three Russians
Black-powder Mausers
From jackbooted Prussians,
Shiny Smith PC's from limited runs
These are a few of my favorite guns.

Socketed bay'nets
On Zulu War rifles,
Engraved, iv'ried Lugers
That make quite an eyefull
Mosin tomato stakes sold by the ton
These are a few of my favorite guns.

Rusty top-breaks!
Smallbore Schuetzens!
And all of Browning's spawn
I just keep on browsing my favorite guns
Until all my money's gone.

Today's mission is rimfire ammo, some .32ACP ammo, and T/C Encore furniture. If I'm lucky, maybe a used long eye relief scope.

9 comments:

Carteach said...

AARRGG! I am dripping green with envy. It will be a month or two till there is a decent show around here.

Oh, and thanks for planting that song in my head, where it will reverberate all blasted day.

Jim said...

:)
--

And FWIW, I visited two WalMarts yesterday and neither had any bulk pack .22RF.

Drang said...

,380 seems to be back in stock, but .22 LR and (shudder!) .45 ACP have become rare.

Gomnna have to make a run to Guns 'n' Shizzle...

perlhaqr said...

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=402271

The mighty .22LR defends again!

Anonymous said...

From perlhaqr's link:

Criminal charges are expected to be filed against him, if he survives.

Doesn't that just warm the cockles of my Draconian heart!

Jim

alath said...

.22 LR was only to be had for the proveribial arm and leg, and then only in very modest quantity and not even the good stuff.

People were still buying it, tho.

Firehand said...

Check Widener's, they're clearing out their .32acp

John B said...

I love the idea of Tam cavorting around the stage, with props, Singing her Song!

NotClauswitz said...

We had one at the Cow Palace, I missed it and bought Ammo through Cabela's. Show prices aren't that great unless you buy re-loads, forget that noise.