Friday, March 23, 2012

I've got good news and bad news...

Good News: Tactical Firearms Training, LLC has gotten things squared away with the city and contracted to run the public pistol range at Eagle Creek Park in 2012 and beyond. They'll be opening for the season this weekend. Hooray!

Bad News: It's supposed to be raining this weekend.

Good News: There's a covered firing line. And less chance of a wait, since Cletus doesn't like to get wet, plus he'll probably be sleeping off his hangover from tonight's IU/Kentucky squeaky round ball game and the gunfire would only amplify the soundtrack to Zulu Dawn that will no doubt be throbbing behind his temples. So come on out, unless you're made of salt or sugar or some other water-soluble substance.

10 comments:

DaddyBear said...

Wish I could. Knob Creek is probably flooded out due to the rain today and I need to spend some time with my Russian BoomenSchutzen

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Tomorrow morning is vet day for the Large Feline, might make it later in the afternoon.

Tam said...

I think I'm aiming for Sunday morning, fairly early.

Keads said...

Have fun Tam!

Noah D said...

re: rain

I've been known to say to my sons what my father said to me.

"Don't worry, there's no soap in it."

Weer'd Beard said...

"squeaky round ball"

Funniest term for Tree Hockey I ever heard!

Anonymous said...

"So come on out, unless you're made of salt or sugar or some other water-soluble substance."

Hold what you got, everybody, a derisory comment involving "tacticool", or "mall ninjas" comes next.

And the Lord knows, you will always have a leg up on me on this sort of thing, but take a step back, why don't you? You're talking about a trip to a pistol range with a covered firing line.

I'm not a robot--a robot wouldn't immediately regret the comment I just committed. No hope for me, no hope for me...

Mike James

Anonymous said...

Damn it, I forgot--I denounce myself.

Mike James

Tam said...

Mike James,

"And the Lord knows, you will always have a leg up on me on this sort of thing, but take a step back, why don't you? You're talking about a trip to a pistol range with a covered firing line."

Exactly. Hence the comment.

Dude, really, I think you are reading way more 'tude into that sentence than is actually there.

Critter said...

thanks, but i've done my time in the rain and mud. indoor ranges are looking more attractive as i grow older.....

("squeaky round ball". must remember.)