Monday, March 05, 2012

Overheard in the Car:

RX: "I was just waiting for that little bulldog to get out of the way..."

Me: "Huh?"

RX: "Well, I don't know she's a bulldog; she just looked college-age."

Me: "Oh! Bulldog! Butler. For a minute there I thought 'bulldog' was some regional insult I had not yet encountered."
At this point, we make a somewhat abrupt turn onto Keystone Avenue...
Me: "Oh, I've got a free lunch coming up..."

RX: "What?!?"

Me: "...at Shalimar. I filled my little card up."

RX: "Oh, I thought that my driving was making you motion sick and I was thinking 'Well at least roll down the window and stick your head out!'"
Since then, "bulldogger" and "free lunch coming up" have joined "the anchorman isn't funny" in the Roseholme lexicon.

10 comments:

Bram said...

Shalimar looks awesome. I spent 6 months in Sri Lanka. Nothing better than spending an afternoon in a cafe while they bring us beer and samosas.

TheSev said...

Funny how those things develop isn't it?

Jay in OK said...

You two crack me up. Thanks.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Heh. Here in Charleston we have to be on the lookout for Cocks.

Anonymous said...

I like that kind of optimism!

"Well, I can't keep my lunch down, but at least I didn't have to pay for it.:

pygmy rattler said...

Here in north Florida, we're hip deep in gators, and here come the seminoles.

Anonymous said...

Actually, my favorite addition to household vocabulary was from my daughter. During a trip to Florida my spouse and I were going back and forth about directions - I was driving and she was giving me a lot of unwanted advice on which way to go, since she didn't believe in the nav system. Discussion was starting to get a little heated, and my darling spawn interjects "Mom, stop naggravating dad!". Of course my reaction was "that's a nice made-up word. No, that's an EXCELLENT made-up word!" Instant household standby...

Matt G said...

It's as bad in Casa G. I swear I wear ear protection.

Inspector said...

So, while the topic of your home lexicon is up...

Whence the term, "TeeWee???"

Roberta X said...

It's the German version.